Tuesday, January 7, 2014

jeju-do


It's hard to believe, but my time in Korea is coming to a close! I'll be out of here by the end of next month, and the year and a half I've spent here will become "something I did" as opposed to "something I'm doing." It's all a little daunting. Bittersweet, definitely. So many wonderful, interesting people I've been able to connect with here - I will miss. All the things I've been able to see, experience, take in - I will miss!

Our program took the departing scholars on a farewell trip to Jeju this semester. I was so glad I got to see it before leaving the country! It was mid-December, so up north there was still snow on the ground. It was pretty amazing stepping off the plane in Jeju and being welcomed with much milder temperatures. I'd really like to go back some time in the spring though. More beautiful I bet.

We were put up in a really nice resort and shuttled around different sights around the island. Sunrise Peak, which was breathtaking, was definitely my favourite. Lots of very tourist-y activities followed, including the aquarium, rail biking, ice museum, and trick art museum.

The view from our resort
Not too shabby
Pepero kisses
Doyin and her shrimp chips haha
My baby bros
Thanks wind, for making my hair look like Kate Gosselin's........
Flattest fish I've ever seen..
Oh hey Beth!
Hellos from below
Kristen's photo camp out
Alive and breathing, rest assured
This makes perfect sense
Flamboyant little bugger, this one
Whirlpool of fish
Rail bike races
Yes that's Tiara roasting a marshmallow with a lighter inside the bus. Badass.
 
 
Mona Lisa Pizza


Happy 2014! Spent New Year's Eve in Jinju again, photos from the potluck party at Table 9 will be up soon.
xo


No comments: